- Title: Man's Search for Knowledge Through the Ages
- Artist: Mara Smith
- Location: Jefferson Ave. and Webster St.
- Medium: Relief
- Creation Date: 1987
- Installation Date: 1998
- Description: Bas-relief sculpture carved in brick symbolizing the human quest for learning. Created in 1987, this piece was adopted into Century Walk in 1998.
- Plaque Text: The bas-relief sculpture, carved in brick, symbolizes the human quest for learning through the ages. On the left are open books, the solar system, life's early beginnings in the sea, and the Tree of Knowledge. These objects flow into the center of the mural, which represents mathematics, mysticism, music, architecture, and literature. Trumpeters and dancers, representative of Naperville's parades, then lead into the future as a space station takes our search for knowledge into other parts of the universe.
- Plaque Courtesy Of: Harris Bank of Naperville